Well it must be different to hear from me rather than my lovely wife...first of all I have to tell you that Theresa has been "a ROCK"...I can't tell you the emotions that overcame to me when I thought of going through this without her...She is my "LOTTO WIN"...
These past 3 weeks have been full of new discovery's:
- Self Pity...I am not the first nor the last to ever get cancer but I can be the voice to help those that, too have been stricken.
- Attitude...knowing that you have so many people that really do care...and their love and prayers...keep you in the game and continually fighting to be better...not just in your health but in your life.
- Emotion...each person has a different emotion when they learn of the cancer...mine has been one of guilt and it is simply that "why have I allowed this to change the lives of so many people around you and the sorrow you have for doing such to them"... I battle this daily and no matter what is said you will still find yourself wondering why.
- Courage...It is very easy to have courage when you go to battle and you know there are so many people behind you...for this I thank you and will always be thankful to all of you the rest of my life...
- Life...For me I never looked at death as being anything to be afraid of...but today I fear not death but the loss of those around you...I can not face the pain of not being able to see my friends again...spending my waking hours without Theresa...the loss I would leave with my brothers, sisters and relatives...I promise each of you...each day I am here I will appreciate each of you more than I did yesterday.
- Health...I can only say this...all we have is our health and we are all in control of it...if you aren't getting physicals or you are abusing your body...think twice before it is too late...I got lucky...don't put yourself in that position by ignoring your health.
I have said enough...but do want each of you to know that over the next 6 months I will be going through Chemotherapy...not because I want to but because I need to in order to insure that my cancer will be in remission...I am ready to do it...and will be back in action at work...Please be happy for me as I know I will be rid of this stuff soon!
I have so many people to be grateful but there are three guys that have been so awesome during these past 6 weeks...Barry Dyas of J.Charles...Jim Fitzgerald of Quarry International...Stuart Newcomb of Etching Wine and Spirits...they have given me so much support professionally and personally as to put my business down and to take this journey without any work related stress...Thank you so very much...and i would be remiss to not say a big "Thank You" to Victor Macchia for taking on all my duties in my absence.
As the days move forward I will reach out to all of you in a personal manner... for each one of you have been "a guiding light".
Thank you all for every word, prayer, and most of all ...your love!
(my new name Fran semicolon Ford"